At the risk of sounding like a flower child, I’m asking our fandom to stop the negativity. We have a fantastic fandom full of brilliant and beautiful fans that are authors and readers alike. We all have real lives that are full of negativity that is beyond our control~ flood, earthquakes, starvation, and wars not to mention our personal life’s stresses. It pains me to read about a talented author getting flamed by a reader or a reader being insulted by an author. Why!!!??? In the scheme of things is there any reason to be mean to one another. My answer is no. One of the things I love about our fandom is the mix of ideas. Everybody has the right to their opinion, but there is always a positive way to get your point across.
I’ve debated about listing all the things I’ve witnessed that really hurt our fandom as a whole, but I’ve decided to list ways to be positive instead.
- Don’t interact with your negative thoughts
- Ask others the end their verbal negativity
- We can inject more understanding, acceptance and compassion into our attitude.
- We might also try focusing our attention on something more positive. We might think about the people or situations differently or find appreciation in them. What we attune to is what we see and experience. We have a choice of where we place our focus.
: source Dr. Happiness Blog
To Readers, I would ask to be mindful of the fact that this is fanfiction. Authors have creative licence to all aspects of the characters and stories. These may not be particular to your tastes, so find another story. There’s no reason to be hurtful to an author that has exposed themselves in order to develop their craft. Someone else may like that particular story. Also, some of the authors are very new and may not have the confidence to withstand such attacks. If you want to continue reading fanfic, we had better show some support for the authors that give it to us. They receive no money for what they are doing and yet they are willing to share their time and talent with us.
To authors, I would ask to stop and think when you read a review. Is the review a negative one? Can you take what has been said and turn it into something positive? Please keep in mind that we readers can get caught up in your stories and can feel passionately about them. This is a credit to your writing. As with authors, readers that take the time to review should to some extent be appreciated as well even if it isn’t beautifully written~ what can I say not all of us have the talents you have. A simple “Thank You for reading” is a lovely way to acknowledge that you’ve taken the time to read the review. Then there are those reviews that make me very ashamed. Those that are intending to be hateful. All I can say is after 20 years in the Hospitality Industry, Kill them with kindness!!! Nothing will piss off a jerk more than coming back all sweetness and light. If the reviewer doesn’t get a reaction from you they will lose interest. If they get a rude reply back, they will continue. This is life, it ain’t perfect. All I can ask is please don’t paint all readers with the same brush.
Ok, The Fairy is stepping down off the soapbox *bows*
Please Have a read :
Pamismymakers Post :Need some happy thoughts-
SophieMyst’s Post : Regarding the recent upswell of negativity
Attn: All Authors
There’s a New Competition in Town
Write a totally Original Story using the Southern Vampire Mysteries/TrueBlood characters; any pairing, any rating as long as the vamps are vamps, the human are human and the supes are supes. New writers are very welcome as well as Original Character pairings.
Eric is vampire gangster in 30’s Chicago ~ Sookie and Lafayette run a brothel in the wild west ~ Terry Bellefleur is an a fox hole in Feluja ~ Andy Bellefleur is a burnt out Homicide detective in... ~ What did the Maenad get up to before she trashed Bon Temps? ~ Why was Appius wearing a Black Sabbath t-shirt? ~ What did Pam do in the couple of hundred years she wasn’t with Eric? ~ Did Godric ever bump into dragons on his travels?~ Sam robbed a bank with his lady love, really? ~ Bill was the Queens procurer ~ And speaking of the Queen, why the great love of yahtzee?~ Cooter on a night out at Josephine’s with his werewolf crew ~ Russell and ‘tub of Talbot’ have a conversation ~ Debbie Pelt goes shoe shopping ~ What did Lorena do when she released Bill? ~ What was the God that comes ~ was Karl the cabana boy always so obssesed with towels ~ What do the fae do when they aren't causing chaos in the SVM world ~ alcide has a run with the pack...
Get those thinking caps on, competition opens 12th March and will be accepting entries on the 14th March..read the full profile here: Indie Fic Comp
Follow us on twitter: Indie_Fic_Comp
- A Fun Fairytale Story~ Black Dead Orchids Redneck Rapunzel
- Check out Fangalious Fan Fiction ~ There’s a great interview with YoungBoho by our beautiful SouthernLady23 and her Fangalicious James. Be sure to keep your eyes on the cookies. *wink*
Lemon Alert~ Looking for something to warm you up? Check out Lubadubs’ “An Exploration of the Wild Side"~ If you’re a fan of the Night Huntress Series, I’m sure you’ll love the present Eric gives his wife, Sookie for their anniversary.
Revisit The Fics I’ve enjoyed
One of my readers, Gabiyabi, mentioned to me about Meg2’s Dead Series, The Irish Series, and the Post “Dead and Gone Series”. Although I have not finished the Post Dead and Gone Series, specifically “Paridiso”, I can not recommend all of these fics enough. They are all beautifully written and you will lose yourself in the world that Meg2 has created. Her banter between Eric & Sookie is incredibly charming and expressive. Definitely set a good deal of time aside, because once you start reading you will continue through the whole series hungry for more. Click HERE to get to Meg2’s Profile where she lists the order stories for each series. Thank you Gabiyabi for reminding me how wonderful these stories are. *Big Kisses*
I Can’t Wait For June
With a few more months to go, I’m finding myself incredibly excited for season 4 of True Blood. Seeing our hot Swede going to all these parties looking delicious makes me even more impatient. Alan Ball had better deliver a Northman-filled season with very little wardrobe. I have the basement already for him if it isn’t.
And yes, I want a shower scene!!
Don’t forget to check out these links:
Fang_Readers LiveJournal Community







































OMG! Thank you so much for writing this! I loved it! Killing with kindness is exactly the best way to react - I'm totally with you on that one! Peace and Love, man! *huggles you tight* :)
ReplyDelete