Ok I have just finished reading Dead in the Family...what can I say?
After Dead or Worse, I couldn't wait to dig into Dead and Gone. I was left very unsettled at the ending of Dead and Gone and delved into fanfic to satisfy the hole that was left after Claudine's death, Niall closing off Faery, and Sookie wondering which vampire Niall was talking about. I realise that fanfic may have skewed my expectations of Dead in the Family, but I thought the overall story was a bit mediocre for being the 10th book of the series. With all the cliffhangers of Dead and Gone, I was expecting a chocked full story. She definitely gave the unexpected when Eric & Sookie's relationship was in full swing at the very beginning. Guess I was hoping since Mrs Harris was buliding their relationship from book 1 that she might actually put a bit more depth into the reconcilation after Sookie's torture. It isn't all bad. The Claude storyline was a mystery up til the very end and his character had a lot of work put into his dialogue. I liked the whole Lattesta going after Sookie one way or another. I liked that Sam is still there for Sookie as the man that would be perfect to fit into her ideal life of wife and mother, yet she just can't give him her heart. I like the fact that Hunter is a character that allows Sookie to try and help keep from all the horrors she experienced while growing up. I like the way she was able to help Bill reconcile with his family (both living and undead). But for us Eric fans....WTF! Ocella!!! I realise it ties into the whole family thing, but I thought he was dead(finally dead). It seemed that Sookie & Eric swapped personalities in the story with Sookie being violent and Eric being an emotional mess. I'll probably reread it again when I'm less stressed over my move that is rapidly approaching to see if I have judged this too harshly.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
But for now I need a bit of resolution...and I'll dive back into Let Love In by Terri Botta.... the ultimate Eric& Sookie Fanfic.
After Dead or Worse, I couldn't wait to dig into Dead and Gone. I was left very unsettled at the ending of Dead and Gone and delved into fanfic to satisfy the hole that was left after Claudine's death, Niall closing off Faery, and Sookie wondering which vampire Niall was talking about. I realise that fanfic may have skewed my expectations of Dead in the Family, but I thought the overall story was a bit mediocre for being the 10th book of the series. With all the cliffhangers of Dead and Gone, I was expecting a chocked full story. She definitely gave the unexpected when Eric & Sookie's relationship was in full swing at the very beginning. Guess I was hoping since Mrs Harris was buliding their relationship from book 1 that she might actually put a bit more depth into the reconcilation after Sookie's torture. It isn't all bad. The Claude storyline was a mystery up til the very end and his character had a lot of work put into his dialogue. I liked the whole Lattesta going after Sookie one way or another. I liked that Sam is still there for Sookie as the man that would be perfect to fit into her ideal life of wife and mother, yet she just can't give him her heart. I like the fact that Hunter is a character that allows Sookie to try and help keep from all the horrors she experienced while growing up. I like the way she was able to help Bill reconcile with his family (both living and undead). But for us Eric fans....WTF! Ocella!!! I realise it ties into the whole family thing, but I thought he was dead(finally dead). It seemed that Sookie & Eric swapped personalities in the story with Sookie being violent and Eric being an emotional mess. I'll probably reread it again when I'm less stressed over my move that is rapidly approaching to see if I have judged this too harshly.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
But for now I need a bit of resolution...and I'll dive back into Let Love In by Terri Botta.... the ultimate Eric& Sookie Fanfic.







































0 comments:
Post a Comment
Many thanks for your comment!
~Fairy
*In order to avoid spam, your comment will be moderated before posting. Thank you for you patience*